美国45任总统川普:最好的还远远未到来

【新唐人北京时间2021年01月21日讯】THE PRESIDENT: My fellow Americans:
川普总统:我的美国同胞们:
Four years ago, we launched a great national effort to rebuild our country,
四年前 我们开始了伟大的重建国家的努力
to renew its spirit, and to restore the allegiance of this government to its citizens.
重振我们的精神 恢复政府对公民的忠诚
In short, we embarked on a mission to make America great again — for all Americans.
简而言之 我们开始了让美国再次伟大的使命 这是对所有美国人的承诺
As I conclude my term as the 45th President of the United States
在我结束美国第45任总统任期之际
I stand before you truly proud of what we have achieved together.
我站在你们面前为我们共同取得的成就感到真正的自豪
We did what we came here to do — and so much more.
我们做了这届政府要做的事情 – 还远远不止
This week, we inaugurate a new administration
本周 一届新的政府将宣示就职
and pray for its success in keeping America safe and pros
我们为之祈祷 希望它能成功的保障美国的安全与繁荣
We extend our best wishes, and we also want them to have luck — a very important word.
我们致以最良好的祝愿 我们也希望他们好运 – 这是一个非常重要的词
I’d like to begin by thanking just a few of the amazing people who made our remarkable journey possible.
首先 我要感谢一些使我们的非凡之旅成为可能的杰出人士
First, let me express my overwhelming gratitude for the love and support of our spectacular First Lady, Melania.
首先 我要表达对我们出色的第一夫人梅拉尼亚所给予的爱与支持表示衷心感谢
Let me also share my deepest appreciation to my daughter Ivanka, my son-in-law Jared, and to Barron, Don, Eric, Tiffany, and Lara.
让我表达对我的女儿伊凡卡 女婿贾瑞德以及 巴伦 小唐纳德 埃瑞克 蒂凡尼 和拉拉表示最深切的感谢
You fill my world with light and with joy.
你们让我的世界充满光明和喜悦
I also want to thank Vice President Mike Pence, his wonderful wife Karen, and the entire Pence family.
我还要感谢副总统迈克·彭斯 他出色的妻子凯伦 和整个彭斯家族
Thank you as well to my Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows
我还要感谢我的白宫幕僚长马克·梅多斯(Mark Meadows)
the dedicated members of the White House Staff and the Cabinet;
尽职的白宫工作人员和内阁成员
and all the incredible people across our administration who poured out their heart and soul to fight for America.
以及我们政府中所有不可思议的人 他们全心全意为美国而战
I also want to take a moment to thank a truly exceptional group of people: the United States Secret Service.
我还想花一点时间感谢一群真正杰出的人:美国特勤局
My family and I will forever be in your debt.
我和我的家人将永远感激不尽
My profound gratitude as well to everyone in the White House Military Office, the teams of Marine One and Air Force One
我也对白宫军事办公室的每个人 海军陆战队一号 和空军一号的团队
every member of the Armed Forces, and state and local law enforcement all across our country.
武装部队的每个成员 全国各州和地方执法部门 深表谢意
Most of all, I want to thank the American people.
最重要的是 我要感谢美国人民
To serve as your President has been an honor beyond description.
担任你们的总统是无以言喻的荣耀
Thank you for this extraordinary privilege. And that’s what it is — a great privilege and a great honor.
感谢你们给予(我)这份殊荣 这是莫大的荣幸和荣耀
We must never forget that while Americans will always have our disagreements,
我们永远不能忘记 尽管美国人总是有分歧
we are a nation of incredible, decent, faithful, and peace-loving citizens
但我们是一个由令人难以置信的 优秀的 忠实的 以及爱好和平的公民组成的国家
who all want our country to thrive and flourish and be very, very successful and good.
他们都希望我们的国家蓬勃发展 繁荣昌盛 并非常非常的成功和美好
We are a truly magnificent nation.
我们是一个真正伟大的国家
All Americans were horrified by the assault on our Capitol.
所有美国人对国会大厦所遭遇的袭击感到震惊
Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans. It can never be tolerated.
政治暴力 是对我们作为美国人所珍视的一切的攻击 绝不能容忍
Now more than ever, we must unify around our shared values
今天 我们比以往任何时候都更加需要 在我们的共同价值观基础上达成统一
and rise above the partisan rancor, and forge our common destiny.
超越党派仇恨 铸就我们的共同命运
Four years ago, I came to Washington as the only true outsider ever to win the presidency.
四年前 我来到华盛顿 是美国有史以来赢得总统职位的 唯一一个真正的“局外人”
I had not spent my career as a politician,
我在职业生涯中从没有做过政治家
but as a builder looking at open skylines and imagining infinite possibilities.
而是建筑商 看着开放的天际线并想像无限的可能性
I ran for President because I knew
我竞选总统是因为我知道
there were towering new summits for America just waiting to be scaled
美国正面临新的机遇 正等待升上新的巅峰
I knew the potential for our nation was boundless as long as we put America first.
我知道 只要我们把美国放在首位 我们国家的潜力是无限的
So I left behind my former life and stepped into a very difficult arena,
因此 我抛下过去的生活 踏入了一个非常艰难的竞技场
but an arena nevertheless, with all sorts of potential if properly done.
但是无论如何, 如果我们能够做好的话 美国仍然这个竞技场将具有各种各样的潜力
America had given me so much, and I wanted to give something back.
美国让我收益太多 我想回馈一些
Together with millions of hardworking patriots across this land,
我们与这片土地上数百万勤奋的爱国者一起
we built the greatest political movement in the history of our country.
从事了我国历史上最伟大的政治运动
We also built the greatest economy in the history of the world.
我们还创造了世界历史上最强大的经济
It was about “America First” because we all wanted to make America great again.
这是关于“美国优先”的事情 因为我们都想使美国再次伟大
We restored the principle that a nation exists to serve its citizens.
我们重申了一个原则 国家的存在是为了服务于它的人民
Our agenda was not about right or left, it wasn’t about Republican or Democrat,
我们的施政计划不是关于左或右 不是关于共和党或民主党
but about the good of a nation, and that means the whole nation.
而是关于这个国家的利益 是整个国家的利益
With the support and prayers of the American people, we achieved more than anyone thought possible.
在美国人民的支持和祈祷下 我们取得了令所有人都意想不到的成就
nobody thought we could even come close.
更没有人能想像我们其实可以做到这么好
We passed the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
我们通过了美国历史上规模最大的减税和改革方案
We slashed more job-killing regulations than any administration had ever done before.
我们大幅度削减了造成工作机会流失的法规 我们比以往任何政府做得都多
We fixed our broken trade deals
我们解决了不合理的贸易协议
withdrew from the horrible Trans-Pacific Partnership and the impossible Paris Climate Accord,
退出了可怕的《跨太平洋伙伴关系》和不可能的《巴黎气候协定》
renegotiated the one-sided South Korea deal,
对单边美韩国协议重新进行谈判
and we replaced NAFTA with the groundbreaking USMCA — that’s Mexico and Canada
并用开创性的“美墨加协定”—— 即墨西哥和加拿大 取代了“北美自由贸易协定”
a deal that’s worked out very, very well.
该交易非常非常成功。
Also, and very importantly, we imposed historic and monumental tariffs on China;
同样 而且非常重要的是 我们对中国征收了历史性的关税
made a great new deal with China.
与中国达成了一项新的重大协议
But before the ink was even dry, we and the whole world got hit with the China virus.
但是在墨汁未干之前 我们以及全世界都遭到了中国病毒的袭击
Our trade relationship was rapidly changing, billions and billions of dollars were pouring into the U.S.,
我们和中国的贸易关系当时正快速发生着改变 数十亿美元涌入美国
but the virus forced us to go in a different direction. The whole world suffered,
但是病毒迫使我们改变了方向 全世界都遭受了苦难
but America outperformed other countries economically because of our incredible economy and the economy that we built.
但由于我们在病毒来袭之前建立起来的强劲的经济 美国的经济表现超过其他国家
Without the foundations and footings, it wouldn’t have worked out this way.
如果在这之前没有一个好的基础 目前的情况就不是现在这样幸运了
We wouldn’t have some of the best numbers we’ve ever had.
我们将无法拥有我们所获得的某些最好的经济数字
We also unlocked our energy resources and became the world’s number-one producer of oil and natural gas by far.
我们还开放了能源资源 并成为了迄今为止世界上最大的石油和天然气生产国
Powered by these policies, we built the greatest economy in the history of the world.
在这些政策的推动下 我们建立了世界历史上最强大的经济
We reignited America’s job creation and
我们重新点燃了美国的就业机会
achieved record-low unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, women — almost everyone.
并为非洲裔美国人 西班牙裔美国人 亚裔美国人 和妇女——几乎所有人 创造了破纪录的低失业率
Incomes soared, wages boomed, the American Dream was restored, and millions were lifted from poverty in just a few short years.
在短短的几年内 收入猛增 工资猛增 美国梦恢复 数百万人摆脱了贫困
It was a miracle.
这是一个奇迹
The stock market set one record after another, with 148 stock market highs during this short period of time,
股市则创下了一个又一个的新高 在短时间内 共创下了148个股市高点
and boosted the retirements and pensions of hardworking citizens all across our nation.
提振了全美辛勤工作的公民的退休与养老金
401(k)s are at a level they’ve never been at before.
401(k)处于前所未有的水平
We’ve never seen numbers like we’ve seen, and that’s before the pandemic and after the pandemic.
不管是在中共病毒大流行之前和之后 我们都从未见过这样的数字
We rebuilt the American manufacturing base, opened up thousands of new factories,
我们重建了美国制造的基地 开设了数千家新工厂
and brought back the beautiful phrase: “Made in the USA.”
并带回了久违的一个美丽的短语:“美国制造”
To make life better for working families, we doubled the child tax credit
为了使辛勤工作的美国家庭生活得更好 我们将儿童税收抵免额增加了一倍
and signed the largest-ever expansion of funding for childcare and development.
并签署了有史以来最大的儿童保育和发展资金计划
We joined with the private sector to secure commitments to train more than 16 million American workers for the jobs of tomorrow.
我们与私营部门联手 确保为超过1600万美国工人提供未来工作所需的技能培训
When our nation was hit with the terrible pandemic,
当我们的国家遭受可怕的病毒大流行袭击时
we produced not one, but two vaccines with record-breaking speed, and more will quickly follow.
我们生产的不是一种疫苗 而是两种破纪录的疫苗 都是以破纪录的速度生产出来 而且很快就会生产更多
They said it couldn’t be done but we did it.
他们说这无法完成 但我们做到了
They call it a “medical miracle,” and that’s what they’re calling it right now: a “medical miracle.”
他们称其为“医学奇迹”而这就是他们现在所说的:“医学奇迹”
Another administration would have taken 3, 4, 5, maybe even up to 10 years to develop a vaccine.
另一个政府可能需要3、4、5,甚至长达10年的时间才能开发出疫苗
We did in nine months.
可我们在九个月内做到了
We grieve for every life lost,
我们为失去的每一个生命感到悲痛
and we pledge in their memory to wipe out this horrible pandemic once and for all.
我们保证将一劳永逸地在他们的记忆中永远地消除这一可怕的流行
When the virus took its brutal toll on the world’s economy,
当病毒给世界经济造成重创时
we launched the fastest economic recovery our country has ever seen.
我们启动了我国有史以来最快的经济复苏
We passed nearly $4 trillion in economic relief, saved or supported over 50 million jobs,
我们通过了将近4万亿美元的经济救济 挽救或支持了5千万个工作岗
and slashed the unemployment rate in half. These are numbers that our country has never seen before.
并将失业率减少了一半 这是我国从未有过的数字
We created choice and transparency in healthcare,
我们在医疗保健领域创造了选择权和透明度
stood up to big pharma in so many ways, but especially in our effort to get favored-nations clauses added,
在许多方面都与大型制药公司抗衡 特别在加入最惠国待遇条款的努力中
which will give us the lowest prescription drug prices anywhere in the world.
这个条款将使我们享有全世界最低的处方药价格
We passed VA Choice, VA Accountability, Right to Try,
我们通过了退伍军人选择法案 退伍军人责任法案 危重病人试用新药法案
and landmark criminal justice reform.
和具有里程碑意义的刑事司法改革
We confirmed three new justices of the United States Supreme Court.
我们确认了美国最高法院的三名新法官
We appointed nearly 300 federal judges to interpret our Constitution as written.
我们任命了将近300名联邦法官来解释我们的宪法
For years, the American people pleaded with Washington to finally secure the nation’s borders.
多年来 美国人民恳求华盛顿确保国家边界的安全
I am pleased to say we answered that plea and achieved the most secure border in U.S. history.
我很高兴地说 我们回应了这个呼吁 并实现了美国历史上最安全的边界
We have given our brave border agents and heroic ICE officers the tools they need to do their jobs
我们已经为勇敢的边防人员和英勇的海关官员提供了他们需要的工具
better than they have ever done before, and to enforce our laws and keep America safe.
这些比以往更好的工具 帮助我们的执法人员执行法律 维护美国的国家安全
We proudly leave the next administration with the strongest and most robust border security measures ever put into place.
在离任的今天 我们非常自豪地 为下届政府留下有史以来最强大 最有力的边境安全措施留给后人而自豪
This includes historic agreements with Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador,
这包括与墨西哥 危地马拉 洪都拉斯 和萨尔瓦多的历史性协定
along with more than 450 miles of powerful new wall.
以及超过450英里的强大新墙
We restored American strength at home and American leadership abroad.
我们恢复了美国在国内的实力 和美国在国际上的领导地位
The world respects us again. Please don’t lose that respect.
世界再次尊重我们 请不要失去这份尊重
We reclaimed our sovereignty by standing up for America at the United Nations and withdrawing from the one-sided global deals that never served our interests.
我们通过捍卫美国在联合国的立场 并退出了不符合我们利益的单边全球协议 收回了我们的主权
And NATO countries are now paying hundreds of billions of dollars more than when I arrived just a few years ago.
北约国家现在付出的钱 比其几年前我刚上任时 要多出数千亿美元
It was very unfair. We were paying the cost for the world. Now the world is helping us.
这是非常不公平的 我们曾为世界的花费买单付出代价 现在世界正在帮助我们
And perhaps most importantly of all, with nearly $3 trillion, we fully rebuilt the American military — all made in the USA.
也许最重要的是 我们以近3万亿美元的价格 全面重建了美国军队 – 全部的美式装备都是美国制造
We launched the first new branch of the United States Armed Forces in 75 years: the Space Force.
75年来 我们启动了美国武装部队的第一个新分支: 太空部队
And last spring, I stood at Kennedy Space Center in Florida
去年春天 我站在佛罗里达州的肯尼迪航天中心
and watched as American astronauts returned to space on American rockets for the first time in many, many years.
观看美国宇航员多年来第一次乘坐美国火箭返回太空
We revitalized our alliances and rallied the nations of the world to stand up to China like never before.
我们重振联盟并团结世界各国的联盟 以前所未有的方式站起来共同对抗中共国
We obliterated the ISIS caliphate and ended the wretched life of its founder and leader, al Baghdadi.
我们消灭了伊斯兰国的哈里发 并结束了其创始人和领导人巴格达迪可悲的人生
We stood up to the oppressive Iranian regime and killed the world’s top terrorist, Iranian butcher Qasem Soleimani.
我们强硬的面对对抗暴虐的伊朗政权 杀死了世界上最大的恐怖分子 伊朗屠夫卡塞姆·苏莱马尼(Qasem Soleimani)
We recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and recognized Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
我们承认耶路撒冷为以色列的首都 并承认以色列对戈兰高地的主权
As a result of our bold diplomacy and principled realism, we achieved a series of historic peace deals in the Middle East.
由于我们大胆的外交和有原则的现实主义 我们在中东达成了一系列历史性的和平协议
Nobody believed it could happen.
没有人相信这些会实现
The Abraham Accords opened the doors to a future of peace and harmony, not violence and bloodshed.
《亚伯拉罕协定》为和平与和谐的未来打开了大门 而不再是暴力与流血的未来
It is the dawn of a new Middle East, and we are bringing our soldiers home.
这是新中东的曙光 我们正在把士兵带回家
I am especially proud to be the first President in decades who has started no new wars.
让我尤其感到自豪的是,我成为几十年来第一位没有发动新战争的总统 我为此感到特别自豪
Above all, we have reasserted the sacred idea that, in America, the government answers to the people.
最重要的是 我们重申了这样一个神圣的原则理念:在美国 政府对人民负责
Our guiding light, our North Star, our unwavering conviction has been that
这是我们的方向 我们的指引之光 我们的北极星 和我们坚定的信念是:
we are here to serve the noble everyday citizens of America.
我们在这里 我们 是为美国尊贵的普通公民服务
Our allegiance is not to the special interests, corporations,
我们不效忠于特殊利益集团 公司
or global entities; it’s to our children, our citizens, and to our nation itself.
或全球实体 我们对我们的子孙后代 我们的公民以及我们国家本身负责
As President, my top priority, my constant concern, has always been the best interests of American workers and American families.
作为总统 我的首要任务 我一直关注的是保护美国工人 和美国家庭的最大利益
I did not seek the easiest course; by far, it was actually the most difficult.
我没有寻求捷径 到目前为止 我选择了最艰难的路径道路
I did not seek the path that would get the least criticism.
我没有寻求最少受到批评的道路
I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices because that’s what you elected me to do.
我选择了艰苦的战役 最艰苦的搏斗抗争 和最艰难的选择 因为那是您期待你们选我当总统所期盼的
Your needs were my first and last unyielding focus.
你们的要求是我的第一个也是最后一个不屈的目标焦点
This, I hope, will be our greatest legacy: Together, we put the American people back in charge of our country.
我希望这将是我们最伟大的遗产:我们共同使美国人民重新掌管我们的国家
We restored self-government. We restored the idea that in America no one is forgotten,
我们恢复了自治 我们提醒国人恢复这一理念 在美国这里 没有人应该被遗忘
because everyone matters and everyone has a voice
因为每个人都很重要 每个人都有发言权
We fought for the principle that every citizen is entitled to equal dignity, equal treatment,
我们争取的原则是 每个公民都享有平等的尊严 平等的待遇和平等的权利而奋斗
and equal rights because we are all made equal by God.
因为我们在上帝面前是平等的
Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect, to have their voice heard, and to have their government listen.
人人有权受到尊重 有权发出自己的声音 并有权让政府听到倾听自己的声音
You are loyal to your country, and my administration was always loyal to you.
你们忠于你们的国家 我的政府一直忠于你们
We worked to build a country in which every citizen could find a great job and support their wonderful families.
我们致力于建设一个国家 在这里每个公民都能找到一份好工作 并养育支持自己的美好家庭的国家
We fought for the communities where every American could be safe and schools where every child could learn.
我们为建设每个美国人都感觉安全的社区 和每个孩子都可以学习的学校 而奋斗
We promoted a culture where our laws would be upheld,
我们倡导了一种文化 在这种文化中 我们的法律将得到维护
our heroes honored, our history preserved, and law-abiding citizens are never taken for granted.
我们的英雄受到尊敬 我们的历史得以保存 守法公民不会吃亏
Americans should take tremendous satisfaction in all that we have achieved together. It’s incredible.
全体美国人应该对我们共同取得的成就感到自豪 这一切太不可思议了
Now, as I leave the White House
现在 当我离开白宫时
I have been reflecting on the dangers that threaten the priceless inheritance we all share.
我一直在思考 那些威胁着我们共享的无价遗产的各种危险
As the world’s most powerful nation, America faces constant threats and challenges from abroad.
作为世界上最强大的国家 美国不断面临来自国外的威胁和挑战
But the greatest danger we face is a loss of confidence in ourselves, a loss of confidence in our national greatness.
但是 我们面临的最大危险是对自己的丧失信心 对我们国家的伟大丧失信心
A nation is only as strong as its spirit. We are only as dynamic as our pride.
一个民族只有精神强大 民族才强大 我们只有充满自豪(自信) 我们才能充满活力
We are only as vibrant as the faith that beats in the hearts of our people.
只有让坚定的信念长存于我们人民的心中 我们的社会才会充满活力
No nation can long thrive that loses faith in its own values, history, and heroes,
没有哪个对自己的价值观 历史和英雄失去信心的国家 能够长期繁荣昌盛
for these are the very sources of our unity and our vitality.
因为这些正是我们团结和活力的真正源泉
What has always allowed America to prevail and triumph over the great challenges of the past
使美国在过去的巨大挑战中取得胜利的
has been an unyielding and unashamed conviction in the nobility of our country and its unique purpose in history.
始终是对我们国家的尊严和独特的建国历史 的坚定不移的信念
We must never lose this conviction. We must never forsake our belief in America.
我们决不能失去这种信念 我们决不能放弃对美国的信心
The key to national greatness lies in sustaining and instilling our shared national identity.
一个民族伟大的关键在于维持和灌输其共同的国家认同感
That means focusing on what we have in common: the heritage that we all share.
这意味着关注我们的共同点:我们共享的遗产
At the center of this heritage is also a robust belief in free expression, free speech, and open debate.
这种传承的核心也是对言论自由和公开辩论的坚定信念
Only if we forget who we are, and how we got here,
只有忘记了我们是谁 我们是如何走到今天的
could we ever allow political censorship and blacklisting to take place in America. It’s not even thinkable.
我们才可能允许在美国进行政治审查和建立黑名单 这对(在美国)简直无法想像
Shutting down free and open debate violates our core values and most enduring traditions.
禁止自由的公开辩论违反了我们的核心价值观 和最持久的传统
In America, we don’t insist on absolute conformity
在美国 我们不坚持绝对的合规一致性
or enforce rigid orthodoxies and punitive speech codes.
也不执行僵化的正统观念 或惩罚性的言语规范
We just don’t do that. America is not a timid nation of tame souls who need to be sheltered and
我们不这样做 美国不是一个胆怯的国家 那种灵魂被驯服 需要被庇护 被保护
protected from those with whom we disagree. That’s not who we are. It will never be who we are.
以免受不同意见者的伤害(的国家) 但那不是我们 永远不会是我们
For nearly 250 years, in the face of every challenge,
在将近250年的时间里 在面对各种挑战中
Americans have always summoned our unmatched courage, confidence, and fierce independence.
美国人一直召唤着我们无与伦比的勇气 信心和强烈的独立性
These are the miraculous traits that once led millions of everyday citizens to set out across a wild continent
这些都是奇迹般的特征 这些特征曾经使数以百万计的普通公民穿越荒野
and carve out a new life in the great West.
在美国西部开创新的生活
It was the same profound love of our God-given freedom that willed our soldiers into battle and our astronauts into space.
正是出于对上帝赋予的自由 同样深切的热爱 我们的士兵参战 我们的宇航员进入太空
As I think back on the past four years, one image rises in my mind above all others.
当我回想过去的四年时 在我的脑海中浮现最多的画面是
Whenever I traveled all along the motorcade route, there were thousands and thousands of people.
每当我沿着车队路线行驶时 都会有成千上万的人
They came out with their families so that they could stand as we passed,
他们和家人一起出来 以便在我们的车驶过时能站起来
and proudly wave our great American flag.
并自豪地挥舞着我们伟大的美国国旗
It never failed to deeply move me.
这种场景每每使我感动不已
I knew that they did not just come out to show their support of me;
我知道他们不仅仅是出来表达对我的支持
they came out to show me their support and love for our country.
他们还向我展示他们对我们国家的支持和热爱
This is a republic of proud citizens
这是一个自豪公民组成的共和国
who are united by our common conviction that America is the greatest nation in all of history.
我们共同相信美国是历史上最伟大的国家 并在这个基点上团结起来
We are, and must always be, a land of hope, of light, and of glory to all the world.
我们是而且必须永远是世界的希望 光明和荣耀之地
This is the precious inheritance that we must safeguard at every single turn.
这些是我们在每一个历史转折点都必须维护的宝贵遗产
For the past four years, I have worked to do just that.
在过去的四年中 我一直致力于做到这一点
From a great hall of Muslim leaders in Riyadh to a great square of Polish people in Warsaw;
从利雅得的穆斯林领导人的大礼堂 到华沙的波兰人民大广场
from the floor of the Korean Assembly to the podium at the United Nations General Assembly;
从大韩民国大会席 到联合国大会主席台
and from the Forbidden City in Beijing to the shadow of Mount Rushmore,
从北京的紫禁城 到拉什莫尔山的阴影
I fought for you, I fought for your family, I fought for our country.
我为你们而战 我为你们的家人而战 我为我们的国家而战
Above all, I fought for America and all it stands for — and that is safe, strong, proud, and free.
最重要的是 我为美国及其所代表的一切而战 —— 那就是安全 强大 自豪和自由
Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday,
现在 当我准备在周三中午将权力移交给新政府时
I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning. There’s never been anything like it.
我想让您知道我们开启的运动才刚刚开始 一个从未有过的事情
The belief that a nation must serve its citizens will not dwindle but instead only grow stronger by the day.
一个国家必须为公民服务的信念不应减少 而应该日趋强大
As long as the American people hold in their hearts deep and devoted love of country,
只要美国人民对国家拥有深切而坚定的爱
then there is nothing that this nation cannot achieve.
那么就没有任何力量能够阻止这个国家实现她的理想
Our communities will flourish. Our people will be prosperous.
我们的社区将蓬勃发展 我们的人民将会繁荣富强
Our traditions will be cherished. Our faith will be strong.
我们的传统将得到珍视 我们的信念将会坚定
And our future will be brighter than ever before.
我们的未来将比以往任何时候更加光明
I go from this majestic place with a loyal and joyful heart,
我从这个庄严的地方出发 怀着一颗忠诚而快乐的心
an optimistic spirit, and a supreme confidence that for our country and for our children, the best is yet to come.
一种乐观的精神,以及一种至高无上的信念 即对我们的国家 和我们的子孙来说 最好的还远远未到来!
Thank you, and farewell. God bless you. God bless the United States of America.
谢谢大家,再见了!愿上帝祝福你们 愿上帝保佑美利坚合众国。

相关文章
评论